MIRABELLA FINANCIAL SERVICES
The launch of a new investment management firm – or extending an existing venture – can take many forms, depending on the immediate requirements of the team involved. Meeting those needs can sometimes involve partnering with an organisation that has deep expertise in regulatory hosting.
Mirabella is the preferred institutional-quality solution for regulatory incubation because of the strong oversight and controls the team bring to each organization’s project. Mirabella enables firms to get up-and-running quickly by operating under its regulatory agency.
Mirabella can help firms to:
- Market their plans and opportunities faster than the regulatory authorization process allows
- Develop business and operational protocols under expert supervision before assuming regulatory responsibility
- Avoid the administrative burden of regulatory filings and compliance documentation
- Reduce the overall cost of managing their own regulator-authorized entity
EU REGULATORY HOSTING
Mirabella’s teams of dedicated experts support firms engaging in the following investment advisor (i.e. MiFID) activities:
- Adviser/Arranger: Providing investment advice to other investment firms or directly to funds, including self-managed funds.
- Corporate finance: Providing advice to corporate and other firms about financial transactions
- Marketing only: Marketing investment funds to professional (i.e. not to retail) investors across Europe.
- Investment management activities other than acting as AIFM: Managing a managed account, or acting as a delegated portfolio manager for an AIFM or UCITS Manco located elsewhere.
Fund investment managers – referred as “AIFM” firms in the AIFMD – also partner with Mirabella’s regulatory umbrella, which provides a wide range of services. Our clients Include:
- UK Firms who are already regulated to provide investment services, but who do not wish to become AIFMs. This includes hedge funds, private equity or real estate firms which are advising offshore managers of PE or RE funds.
- Non-EU firms, currently managing assets who do not wish to become AIFMs, or who wish to manage EU funds to take advantage of the AIFMD marketing passport.
- Firms not yet authorized, who wish to manage an alternative investment fund (an “AIF”).
US REGULATORY HOSTING
Broker-dealers and investment advisers based in the United States are now able to solve key challenges through regulatory hosting with Mirabella.
We enable clients to initiate capital raising and mergers and acquisition activities with all appropriate FINRA and SEC registrations and procedures, while retaining their own ownership, identity and control.
We offer services that appeal to investment advisers and managers that want to:
- Market their plans and opportunities faster and compensate their sales staff in a more cost effective manner.
- Develop business and operational protocols under expert supervision.
- Avoid the administrative burden of directly registering with FINRA.
- Reduce the overall cost of managing their own FINRA registered broker-dealer.
Mirabella’s regulatory hosting platform also enables firms to take advantage of “chaperone” services for foreign broker-dealers in accordance with SEC Rule 15a-6, assisting non-U.S. broker-dealers in gaining access to major US institutional investors.
Risk Consulting Services
- AIFM risk management gap analysis
- Risk governance, policies and procedures
- Independent members of risk committees
- Analysis of risk systems, both internal and external
Outsourced Risk Management for an AIFM wish to delegate its risk
- We can supply an entire risk package for firms who cannot demonstrate the existence of a suitable risk management function.
- We can take over an existing firm’s risk process and manage it independently. We do not dictate risk levels or policies, but rather we allow the firm to agree these with its clients. Our role is strictly to enforce whatever has been agreed independently.
By using Mirabella, firms are able to provide investment advice or corporate finance advice in their own name, more quickly than awaiting their own regulatory authorisation. This solution can also be used in situations where a qualified, offshore entity/person has the ultimate investment discretion, and the onshore firm needs to simply provide advice. Other uses for this service include: marketing firms where the activity goes beyond marketing and could include investment advice; and agency
Whether a start-up needs to begin marketing services before a regulatory license is granted, or the level of marketing activity doesn’t justify the cost of a license, Mirabella can help a firm achieve its awareness goals. As a client of Mirabella, organisations will be able to market in their own name, safe in the comfort that it will be supporting the entire process and helping to ensure the start-up stays within the detailed regulatory restrictions.
Working under Mirabella individuals are able to act as discretionary investment managers for onshore and offshore funds, as well as other mandates. This includes AIFM Hosting services. Mirabella helps fund managers across a wide spectrum of asset classes, who use a range of investment strategies, and with a breadth of asset under management sizes, from start-ups managing a few million to established funds of over a billion dollars.
Since 2004 Mirabella has helped over 100 firms to enhance their business by covering them with its own regulatory permissions, and managed over $18b in assets. Currently Mirabella is offered in the United Kingdom, Malta (which offers an EU presence) and the United States. As a regulatory hosting service of Cordium, Mirabella’s clients have access to a market-leading global financial services consultancy with over 180 experienced professionals and 1,500 clients, with GRC solutions in the UK, United States, Malta and Hong Kong.