22nd March 2018 – Compliance Officer: Writing an Effective Compliance Report
Time: 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Cost: £349 + VAT
Location: Cordium UK offices, 130 Jermyn Street, London SW1Y 4UR
One of the main responsibilities of the Compliance Officer is to provide management with an assessment of the firm’s systems and controls that have been put in place to achieve compliance with the applicable rules.
Compliance assessments will be undertaken during the course of the year as part of the compliance monitoring programme and reports will need to be produced following each test or group of tests. In addition the Compliance Officer will be required to produce reports to the governing body of the firm on a regular basis.
It is therefore vital that reports put across the right messages in the right way. They need to be designed to be read and understood to ensure they are effective; clearly identifying the high priority issues so they do not get lost in what may be a number of findings.
This course will examine what “effective” really means in practice and the methods one can use to produce compliance reports that will result in changes where they are needed.
Attendance on this course will enable you to:
- Understand the objectives of the Compliance Officer’s reports to line management and the Board
- Build the credibility of the compliance work and the reports produced
- Consider a structure and design of the report that will grab the reader’s attention
- Be aware of market best practice in producing the report
- Benchmark your recent reports to market best practice
- The responsibilities of the CF10 and other members of senior management
- The relevant high level Principles for the firm and the individuals
- Why reports are required: by whom and when
- The difference between reports to line management and those reports for the Board
- The assessment and opinion of the Compliance Officer
- The possible structure and content
- The relevance for the regulator
- Recommendations and follow up
Course aimed at: Compliance Officers and others working in a compliance function
This course can also be delivered at a firm’s office and can be tailored to specific requirements.